- Joey successfully defended his M.Sc. thesis on temporal and spatial changes in microbial communities in high-solids anaerobic digestion. Congratulations, Joey!
- Calvin successfully defended his M.Sc. thesis on a microbial electrochemical biosensor for naphthenic acid detection. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Dr. Dhar was invited to serve as a Guest Editor for a Special Issue on “Emerging Microbial Electrochemical Technologies” for Frontiers Energy Research journal. The Call for Contributions to the Special Issue can be found here; the deadline for submissions is June 18, 2021.
- Qi received the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship from the FGSR. Congratulations, Qi!
- A journal article on Peijun’s thesis research has been accepted for publication in Bioresource Technology. Congratulations, Peijun!
- Mayank successfully defended his M.Sc. thesis on greywater treatment using an integrated bioelectrochemical-biofilter process. Congratulations, Mayank!
- Dr. Dhar gave a Distinguished Alumni Lecture hosted by the Department of Chemical Engineering (ChE) at Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET). Dr. Dhar sincerely thanks his alma mater for this opportunity to share his research with faculty members, current and former students of ChE BUET.
- Basem successfully passed his doctoral candidacy exam and officially became a Ph.D. candidate. Congratulations, Basem!
- Calvin received the Westmoreland Coal Company Graduate Scholarship in Environmental Engineering from the FGSR. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Basem has been nominated for the Donald R Stanley Graduate Scholarship in Environmental (Civil) Engineering for the second year in a row. Congratulations, Basem!
- Bappi Chowdhury, our recent M.Sc. graduate, started a new position in EPCOR as FCF Operations Engineer. Congratulations, Bappi!
- Basem’s paper on an intermittent power supply scheme to minimize electrical energy input in a microbial electrolysis cell assisted anaerobic digester has been accepted for publication in Bioresource Technology. Congratulations, Basem!
- Qi’s review article on high-strength wastewater treatment in microbial electrolysis cells coupled with anaerobic digester has been accepted for publication in Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology. Congratulations, Qi!
- Seyed received Parya Foundation Scholarship. Congratulations, Seyed!
- Joey’s paper has been accepted for publication in Bioresource Technology. Congratulations, Joey!
- Nervana Haffiez joined the lab as an M.Sc. student. Welcome, Nervana!
- Basem presented his work “A cycling on-off power supply scheme for electrochemically enhanced anaerobic digestion” at the Virtual Bioenergy Symposium organized by Biomass Energy Network.
- Basem received Andrew Stewart Memorial Graduate Prize from the FGSR. Congratulations, Basem!
- Calvin’s paper on naphthenic acid biosensor has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Peijun Zhou successfully defended her thesis on the high-temperature thermal hydrolysis process for improving anaerobic digestion in a wastewater treatment plant with existing primary sludge fermentation. Congratulations, Peijun!
- A review paper of Calvin and Mohmed has been accepted for publication in Bioresource Technology. Congratulations on their excellent teamwork!
- Dr. Dhar awarded APEGA Summit Early Accomplishment Award 2020 for his research achievements in bioenergy and value-added resource recovery. The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) regulates the practices of engineering and geoscience in the Province of Alberta. Dr. Dhar sincerely acknowledges the contributions of all current and former lab members, academic collaborators, industry partners, funding agencies, and UofA’s civil and environmental engineering department in achieving this award.
- Basem’s paper has been accepted for publication in the Science of the Total Environment. Congratulations, Basem!
- Clavin received the Leonard E. Gads Teaching Assistant Award for his outstanding performance as a TA. Congratulations, Calvin!
- A collaborative work done by Bappi, Sarmad, and Joey has been accepted for publication in the Processes journal. Congratulations, Chowdhury et al.!
- Clavin has been selected for a 2020 Graduate Student Teaching Award (GSTA) for his outstanding efforts as a teaching assistant in ENV E 324 (Biological Processes) course in Fall 2019. Calvin is the first recipient of this award from our lab. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Qi’s research article has been accepted for publication in Water Environment Research Journal. Congratulations, Qi!
- Calvin received the Alberta Innovates Graduate Scholarship, a prestigious scholarship supported by the provincial government. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Calvin has been selected as the recipient of the Yu-An Farms Scholarship from The Korean Canadian Scholarship Foundation (KCSF). Congratulations, Calvin!
- Dhar Lab presented two oral presentations and three posters at the 55th Central Canadian Water Quality Conference in Toronto, ON. Dr. Dhar gave an invited talk on anaerobic digestion. Joey won second prize in the poster competition. Congratulations, Joey!
- M.Sc. student Bappi Chowdhury successfully defended his thesis. Congratulations, Bappi!
- Our recent research is featured in UofA folio.