- Calvin received Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Doctoral (CGS D), the most prestigious graduate scholarship from NSERC. As a successful candidate in the competition, he also received a top-up award, the President’s Doctoral Prize of Distinction, from the FGSR. Congratulations on these well-deserved scholarships, Calvin!
- Calvin’s mini-review article on applications of 3D printing for microbial electrochemical technologies has been accepted for publication in Frontiers in Energy Research. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Wafa’s paper on the application of conductive additives on high-solids anaerobic digestion has been accepted for publication in Process Safety and Environmental Protection. Congratulations, Wafa!
- Dr. Dhar has been selected as one of the three recipients of UofA’s Petro-Canada Emerging Innovator Award-2021. This award is given annually (sponsored by Suncor Energy Inc.) through an internal competition among early-career researchers from four faculties (Business, ALES, Engineering, Science) across campus. Dr. Dhar sincerely acknowledges his current and former lab members, industry partners, funding agencies, academic collaborators, and thanks UofA’s civil and environmental engineering department leadership and internal award nomination committee for their tremendous support.
- Basem’s article has been accepted for publication in Scientific Reports. This paper presents a comprehensive characterization and discusses the significance of extracellular polymeric substances, reactive oxygen species, and extracellular electron transfer in methanogenic biocathode in microbial electrolysis cell-assisted anaerobic digestion. Congratulations, Basem!
- Raj’s article on high-rate blackwater anaerobic digestion under septic tank conditions with the amendment of biosolids-derived biochar has been accepted for publication in Bioresource Technology. Raj was a visiting student from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Congratulations, Raj!
- Qi’s article on blackwater treatment with microbial electrolysis cells has been accepted for publication in Science of the Total Environment. Congratulations, Qi!
- Nesma’s manuscript on the lime treatment of oil sands tailing has been accepted for publication in Science of the Total Environment. Congratulations, Nesma!
- Calvin’s review article on microbial electrochemical cell-based biosensors for recalcitrant environmental contaminants monitoring has been accepted for publication in Chemical Engineering Journal. Congratulations, Calvin!
- Calvin has been selected to receive the Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship. Congregations, Calvin!
- Seyed’s review article on the impact of (nano)microplastics on anaerobic digestion has been accepted for publication in Bioresource Technology. Congratulations, Seyed!
- Basem has been selected for a 2021 Graduate Student Teaching Award (GSTA) for his outstanding performance as a teaching assistant in Fall 2020. This year only seven students across campus have been selected for this award. Congratulations, Basem!
- Mayank’s article on greywater treatment has been accepted for publication in Processes journal. Congratulations, Mayank!
- Our article on the fate of disposable face masks in high-solids anaerobic digestion has been accepted for publication in Case Studies in Chemical and Environmental Engineering Journal. This interesting project was collaboratively done by Felipe, Mayank, Wafa, and Seyed. Congratulations Team!
- Qi’s article was selected as the cover article in Water Environment Research Journal (Volume 93, Issue 1, January 2021). Congratulations, Qi!