Bipro R. Dhar, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Associate Professor of Environmental Engineering
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering
University of Alberta, 9211-116 St NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 1H9
Office: 6-277 Donadeo Innovation Centre for Engineering
Phone: 7802481923; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo, 2016
- M.E.Sc., Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Western University, 2011
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2008
Selected Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- Petro-Canada Emerging Innovator Award, University of Alberta, 2021
- APEGA Summit Early Accomplishment Award, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), 2020
- National Research Award (For Best Published Research on Environmental and Biological Resources field; Collaborative work with Sultan Qaboos University), Oman, 2020
- Engineering Early-Career Research Award, Faculty of Engineering, University of Alberta, 2018/2019
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2016 (declined)
- Philip H. Jones Award, Canadian Association on Water Quality (CAWQ), 2016
- Laurence Hamlin Memorial Award for classroom teaching, University of Waterloo, 2015
- NSERC PGS, 2013-2016
- President’s Graduate Scholarship, University of Waterloo, 2013-2016
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Canada, 2013 (declined)
- Chandrashekar Memorial Award in Sustainable Energy, University of Waterloo, 2013
- Regional Director (Western Canada), Canadian Association on Water Quality (CAWQ), 2021-Present
- Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports, 2021-Present
- Graduate Group Coordinator, Environmental Engineering and Science Graduate Program, 2021-Present.
- Editorial Board Member, Applied Biochemistry & Biotechnology, 2021-Present
- Member, Research Themes Advisory Council, Future Energy Systems, October 2020-Present
- Conference Co-chair, 1st VirtualCanadian Symposium on Water Quality Research, July 23-24, 2020.
- Guest Editor to Water Environment Research: Special issue on ‘Anaerobic Treatment in Canada’, expected to be published in 2020.
- Editorial Board Member, Processes (2020-Present)
- Conference Chair, 11th Western Canadian Symposium on Water Quality Research, May 10, 2019, Edmonton, Canada.
- Member, Environment Panel for Ontario Research Fund – Research Excellence (ORF-RE), Government of Ontario, Canada, 2019.
- Scientific Committee Member and Session Chair, 54th Central Canadian Symposium on Water Quality Research, Toronto, Canada, February 2019.
- Scientific Committee Member and Session Chair, 53rd Central Canadian Symposium on Water Quality Research, Toronto, Canada, February 2018.
- Program Co-organizer (Environmental Engineering and Waste Management/Oil Spill Recovery) and Session Chair, 67thCanadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Edmonton, Canada 2017.
- Scientific Committee Member and Session Chair, 52nd Central Canadian Symposium on Water Quality Research, Toronto, Canada, February 2017.
- Professional Engineer, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP)
- Member, Canadian Association on Water Quality (CAWQ)
- Member, International Water Association (IWA)