- ENV E 324: Biological Processes (University of Alberta, Fall 2017/2018/2019)
The principles and applications of biological processes in the treatment of contaminated environmental media, with a focus on wastewater treatment. Includes knowledge of environmental microbiology necessary to understand biological processes.
- ENV E 432: Solid Waste Management (University of Alberta, Fall 2016/2017/2018/2020/2021)
Principles of solid waste management to protect public health. Study of solid waste components, refuse collection, storage, and handling. Design and operation of solid waste transfer and disposal facilities including transfer stations, resource recovery and composting facilities, incinerators, and landfills.
- CIV E 628: Municipal Solid Waste Management (University of Alberta, Winter 2019, Fall 2019, Winter 2021)
Principles of municipal waste management to protect public health, municipal waste streams, waste stream analysis and prediction. Refuse collection, storage and hauling methods, and facilities. Engineering design and operation of solid waste processing, treatment and disposal methods: resource recovery, recycling programs, incineration, composting, landfilling, and novel techniques. Solid waste legislation and policies. Environment impacts, impact management and facility siting of waste facilities.
- CIV E 729: Advanced Topics in Environmental Engineering: Waste Management and Treatment (University of Alberta, Winter 2018)
Introduction to waste management and treatment; physical, chemical, and biological properties of waste and their significance in waste management; materials recovery and recycling; anaerobic digestion; thermochemical conversion processes.
- CIV E 729: Advanced Topics in Environmental Engineering: Anaerobic Biotechnology (University of Alberta, Winter 2020/Fall 2020)
A course that introduces graduate students to the fundamental and engineering aspects of anaerobic biotechnologies (conventional and emerging) for bioenergy and resource recovery from waste biomass and wastewater.
- ENVE 472: Wastewater Treatment (University of Waterloo, Fall 2015)
Wastewater quantity and characteristics. Primary treatment and secondary treatment. Reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, adsorption, air stripping, air flotation, chemical precipitation. Sludge treatment and disposal. Groundwater and leachate treatment. Industrial wastewater management.